As states reopen for business, dental practices are also opening their doors. If you decide that returning to work is the right thing for you at this time, we’ll do all we can to support you.
Your personal safety is our top priority—so effective immediately, we're requiring all practices who book onDiem temporary employees to provide personal protective equipment (PPE) for each day they perform any services.
That means a few things:
- All PPE must be compliant with state and federal guidance on what’s needed to work safely in a dental practice environment. And in the event a practice is unable to provide you with suitable PPE, they will forfeit your services for the day, and be charged four hours of your time.
- If you don’t feel adequately protected, we’ll support you—period. If you show up to work a temporary shift and have any doubts about your personal safety (either due to the lack of suitable PPE, or operational concerns), you have the option to cancel the day without question, and without penalty. In such cases, please document your concerns and contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may investigate.
- onDiem’s messaging feature allows you to contact practices ahead of your shift dates. We strongly recommend you use this feature, so that you can reach out to practices directly and confirm their COVID-19 protocols. Having this conversation will also help you know how to prepare, and what to expect for that day.
If you’re not planning to return to work at the moment, we can still help you prepare for the days ahead.
(1) Complete your onboarding materials.
Visit onDiem.com and complete any remaining onboarding steps you have in the employee portal. As an employee, you’ll be eligible to enroll for healthcare benefits once onboarding is complete, and once you’ve worked your first temporary shift.
(2) Complete your professional profile.
A strong profile that details your certifications, experience with software, and work history will make you more competitive in our candidate matching and search results.
(3) Use our free resume tool.
Create a professional resume to pursue new permanent job opportunities. Using the tool is easy; simply complete your profile, and then create your resume with just a few clicks.
(4) Sign up for SMS notifications.
This way, you can receive the latest information about permanent and temporary job opportunities in your area.
We are in uncharted territory—and right now, there are more questions than answers. We’re working with partners across the dental industry to reimagine what it means to deliver quality patient care and support our professionals. As that work progresses, and as we find more ways to support you, we’ll be in touch.
Until then, please be safe, and let us know how we can help.