Dental Hygienist Needed In Albuquerque, NM Starting February 13, 2023
Albuquerque / NM
We are looking for a temporary hygienist to cover one of our hygienist 90 day maternity leave. Their is a possibility that this position can turn into a permanent part time or full time position after the 90days.
- Accelerated hygiene
- Provide superior patient care and service; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Take radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic equipment
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create no patient wait time; help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene, health, disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth such as fluorides and sealants
- Verify patient health history and document appropriately in patients chart.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patients’ blood pressure accurately
- Take iTero scanner and fabricate whitening trays
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patients chart
- Assist with other office duties as requested or needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Versed in Dentrix
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Dental Hygienist License and anesthesia license. Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Dental Hygiene
- Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law