Kids Care Dental and Orthodontics is expanding, bringing a lifetime of happy smiles to children and adolescents across Northern and Southern California. At Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics we don’t just care for smiles, we create them. We believe when kids grow up enjoying the dentist, healthy teeth and gums will follow. So we’ve set up a different kind of dental practice that delivers fun, not fear. Our caring, high-energy team values the opportunity to work hard and help each child realize a lifetime of happy smiles.
· Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures.
· Review and update the patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
· Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
· Assess and evaluate patients through the exam, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in the diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans.
· Recognize early signs of periodontal disease; chart restorations and notate areas of concern.
· Develop and present treatment plans.
· Educate and motivate patients on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
· Work chairside with the Dentist as needed, assist the doctor in hygiene examination.
· Maintain hygiene handpieces and instruments in good repair and sufficient supply.
· Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
· Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
· Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies.
· Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
· CA State RDH License
· Excellent personal skills
· Background in pediatric dental hygiene preferred
· Be kind, be positive!
· Genuinely warm and friendly
· Knowledge of Dentrix software & experience working in a paperless office preferred