We are looking for a temporary to possible part time hygienist to provide our patients the best ongoing preventive oral care by cleaning, scaling and polishing teeth to prevent gum disease.
We are a small practice that has been established for over 30 years. Our patients tend to be older with few adolescents under our care. Dr. Little provides a wide range of services including perio surgeries and implants.
- Records treatment information on the patient′s chart, including treatment rendered, the type of treatment planned and the amount of chair time, doctor time and assistant time needed for next appointment.
- Takes radiographs as directed by the doctor.
- Records evaluation of periodontal conditions, occlusal relations, and extent of prophylaxis on dental chart to ensure a complete diagnosis and proper treatment plan by the dentist.
- Provides customer service support to patients by escorting them to and from the treatment room.
- Administers nitrous oxide and oxygen to patients as applicable.
- Assists doctor during clinical exam and record findings and recommendations.
- Scales, polishes, and applies fluoride to patient’s teeth.
- Prepares treatment rooms including, but not limited to, set-up, decontamination, sterilizing and sharpening all instruments, cleaning hand pieces and room, restocking supplies.
- Inspects patient’s oral cavity and charts lesions, existing restorations, and missing teeth.
- Evaluates gingival health and health of all oral tissue.
- Executes root planing and myofunction evaluations.
- Educates patients on the importance of preventative care, the disease process, and the role of bacteria; provides appropriate educational literature and instruction on home care.
- Schedules patient’s next treatment appointment or communicates with appropriate staff to ensure this is done before patient leaves the practice.
- Implements and monitors recall system; contacts patients who are overdue for a recall.
- Helps fill the patient schedule when there are openings to keep production levels high each day.