Evaluates the overall oral health of our patients; examines oral cavity for signs of periodontal disease, oral cancer or other lesions, and oral manifestations of systemic disease.
• Performs oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the Doctor; these procedures may include:
o Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing
o Placement of Locally Applied Antibiotics
o Application of Fluoride Treatments
o Application of Protective Sealants
o Completion of In-office or Take Home Whitening
o Oral Cancer Screening
• Educates the patient on oral hygiene care to help the patient maintain or improve oral health.
• Informs Dentists of possible restorative concerns for further examination.
• Maximizes patient flow in the office by assisting with radiographs, sterilization, and office procedures.
• Consults with Doctors and Office staff to ensure patient expectation levels are met and exceeded.
• Follows established safety and health protocols.
Licensed and or Registered Dental Hygienist- licensed to practice in State of North Carolina
• Ability to manipulate small instruments, supplies, and equipment with efficiency, dexterity, and exceptional handeye
• Physical Requirements: Mostly sitting, standing, and/or bending for extended periods of time