Optima Dental is looking for a Superstar EFDA Dental Assistant to join our team. Our team thrives in a fun, motivated and encouraging environment and we are excited to welcome a new addition to our dental family.
Optima Dental is One of a Kind(ness) we strive to give every patient the ultimate dental experience with personalized, one of a kind (ness) service. We are proud to provide superior patient treatment, building lasting relationship with patients and quality care.
If you’re someone who loves dentistry, enjoys delivering top-quality patient care and support, and are motivated by as desire to help patients be healthier and more confident with their smiles, APPLY TODAY! Don’t miss out on this GREAT opportunity. Come join a growing practice with incredibly talented doctors and amazing patients! We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care to our patients. The benefits of working at Optima Dental are tremendous. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality dental care using comfort, safety and compassion. As a Dental Assistant you’ll have the support you need to reach your career goals and opportunities to not only expand your career, but your life.
· Must have completed CODA-certified dental assisting training and have active state license
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification (EFDA) required
· Experience with Eagle Soft is a plus
· Experienced operating X-Ray machine/Active Certification
· Proven capability providing efficient support to patients, doctors, and working collaboratively with a team
· Experienced utilizing a dental/healthcare practice management system(s), computer, and general office equipment
· Someone who loves dentistry, enjoys patient care and is self-motivated
· Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
Spend your day:
· Greeting patients by name and with a smile, escorting patients to and from operatory, and preparing patients for treatment
· Setting up and breaks down operatory, opening and closing rooms at night and in the morning
· Sterilizing equipment and setting up instrument trays
· Ordering supplies, stocking equipment, organizing instruments and stocking operatory
· Accurately entering notes in patients charts, writing narratives for crown preps, root canals build-ups, bridges, and crown lengthening
· Educating patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health
· Administering nitrous oxide treatments for patients
· Providing outstanding customer service for the patient; making the patient the #1 priority; excellent chair side manner.
· Performing patient oral evaluations
· Taking and mounting accurate and high-quality radiographs
· Attending daily huddles
· Performing efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctor’s schedule and patient flow; creating “no patient wait time;” maintaining time flexibility for patient and being present &engaged
· Maintaining patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
· Promoting and marketing services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educating patients and addressing their questions and/or concerns